IT’S NOMINATION TIME!
2019 MassCAP Awards
MassCAP Volunteer of the Year
MassCAP Activity Professional of the Year
MassCAP Award of Excellence
Click this link for Printable Nomination Form-MassCAP Award Nominations Conference
Only MassCAP members may nominate – and all are encouraged to name potential recipients. These coveted awards are recognition for all who have a role in the lives of our clients and for professionals providing training, assistance and support. Winners will be recognized during the annual MassCAP convention on Friday, October 4, 2019 at the Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford, MA
It is likely each of us could name someone outstanding: a unique volunteer who gives freely and/or in a special way of his or her time could be nominated for one of these coveted awards. A social worker, nursing aides, nursing staff, a dedicated family member, an administrator, or friends who have faithfully contributed helpful time; anyone who adds to your energy because they encourage their peers - as many as you know - are all possibilities for Volunteer of the Year!
All of us have known an outstanding Activity Professional: THIS year someone in your Satellite group or a co-worker or Activity Professional class (maybe someone will nominate you!) or an Activity Professional who has been a mentor to you. Offer a nomination for the Activity Professional Award of Excellence as YOUR way to say thank you… maybe you just feel more confident about your work because of THIS person; or a certain assistant’s name is positively mentioned more often than others; staff comfortably asks a ‘certain person’ to help; an instructor or workshop presenter was the reason you got through the certification classes; or someone offered special help quickly – for anything needed… Though we ALL work hard, who helped make it a brighter memory!
The Award of Excellence could be presented to YOUR co-worker: a non - activity professional, anyone willing to assist activities staff in any way that directly improves the daily life of residents; fellow staff members or families of residents/clients, express gratitude at meetings…. So,
Don’t delay – do it today! Take a moment – acknowledge these VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE with a nomination for a valued MassCAP award! Refer to the attached criteria, and contact me for any concerns.
Deadline for all submissions is September 6, 2019.
For any questions, contact Leeanne Agius at email@example.com or call her at (774)365-0224.
Leeanne Agius, ADC/MC, CDP
Professional Services /Membership Chairperson
VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR:
- Nominee must serve under the supervision of a MassCAP member and be nominated by that individual
- Nominee must provide an unpaid service, within the domains and responsibilities of the activities department
- The service must be ongoing and regularly scheduled by the activity professional
- The contribution by the nominee must enhances the quality of life of facility residents.
ACTIVITY PROFESSIONAL AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
- Nominee must be a MassCAP member.
- Must provide a monthly program of diversified activity programming that meets the needs of all population within their facility
- Nominee must enhance their professional development by attendance at educational seminars, activity professional courses, at college courses and/or related educational pursuits, thereby increasing their knowledge of excellence in service
- Nominee must display a commitment to involve the larger community in activity program development and services to their population
- Nominee must develop and support his/her activity staff
- Nominee must be a one always willing to assist residents, peers, other disciplines, community agencies and professional activity organization in promoting excellence within the activity profession
MassCAP AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
- Nomination must be made by a MassCAP member
- Nominee must be employed within MassCAP member’s facility/company
- Nominee may be from any discipline/profession but NOT a member of the activities department (i.e., administration, social worker, nursing, including assistants, dietary/food services, maintenance, etc)
- Nominee must show a commitment to activity programming by supporting the functions and role of the activity director and activity staff.
- Nominee must support the efforts of Activity Department staff growth, such as their attending continuing education, professional involvement in local, state, and national activities associations.
- Nominee must enhance the quality of life for older adults by supporting the activities department and by fostering interdepartmental teamwork in the delivery of recreational services.