Activity Director's Bag of Tricks
Presented by: Dennis Goodwin, BS
Friday, May 31, 2019
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
at Mass Senior Care
800 South Street, Suite 280
Waltham, MA 02453
Click for Printable Registration Form- MassCAP Spring workshop
$75.00 - Members Fee
$100.00 - Non- Members Fee
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. MassCAP Business Meeting
8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Workshop ( 6 Contact Hours)
* A complimentary light lunch will be provided; if you have special dietary needs please bring your own lunch
An evil little critter too often hides out in the Activity/Recreation field; the dreaded "Burnout Bug." He can sneak up on the best activity professionals and slowly begin to suck away much of their initial enthusiasm. Fortunately, that doesn't mean that he or she is "dried up" or "done for" and needs to step aside to make room for a more motivated activity professional. What we interpret as "burnout" is usually just a natural response to repetition. The overriding purpose of this workshop is to build a more varied and colorful assortment of activity programs and projects for the activity professional to use in planning and programming for their resident populations, on various cognitive levels- and to help them stomp that burnout bug into the ground... where it belongs!
- Attendees will be able to plan and program activity groups that will help the residents reflect on their past accomplishments.
- Attendees will become more aware of the need to keep his or her program varied and colorful
- Attendees will understand how to program events that help link residents and staff members together
REGISTRATION INCLUDES- (Registration Deadline: May 24, 2019)
- Continental breakfast & light lunch
- Training Materials
SPACE IS LIMITED- NO WALK-INS WILL BE ACCEPTED